Sourced from Café Organico Marcala, S.A. (COMSA), a cooperative of farmers that was started in 2000 to become organically certified, in a protected designation of origin within the department of La Paz, Honduras. COMSA has also significantly increased the participation of women within the organization, which has resulted in a successful women’s group that has established their own farmers’ market to sell home-grown organic produce. 2oz Whole Bean Sample.
- Processing Method: Washed and Natural, Sun-dried on shaded raised beds.
- Region: La Paz, Comayagua Sur, Intibuca (Central and South– Eastern region of Hon-duras.
- Harvest: December to March
- Cupping Notes: Smooth, Caramel, Stone Fruit, Syrupy mouthfeel with bright berry acidity and floral aftertaste.
- Altitude: 1700– 2200 masl
- Aroma: Dark chocolate, blackberry, floral
- Roast: Medium/Dark, Fair Trade, Organic